Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Focusing on The Promises

Today is a big day, to again determine if there will be Chemotherapy in our family's future. I am filled with more emotion, trepidition, and sadness than last time we had to do these tests. I blame the pregnancy.

So today I am focusing HARD on the promises and truth of God because my heart is a deceitful thing.

Ah Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.
Oh great and powerful God, whose name is the Lord Almighty, great are your purposes and mighty are your deeds. -Jeremiah 32: 17, 18b-19

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. -Psalm 56:3-4

He is sovereign. He knows my fear. He hears my cry. He is faithful to show mercy. I need not be afraid. He is my rock and my hiding place.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

praying for you right now jenne.

Greg and Andrea said...

Our family is praying, too.