Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Risky Question

"Davis," says I, "What makes a mommy a good mommy?"
"Hummmm...I have not really thought about that, Mom. Let's see..."

And here is the list he came up with, in this order, in these exact words.

They give grace,
They ground kids when they are wrong so they can learn,
give you candy sometimes,
They do a few exciting things (with you),
They take care of the kids,
...Take kids places like the hospital when they need to go so they don't die,
And they love you.

That's a pretty good list, don't you think?

(I did have to ask him what "being grounded" meant to him, since that is not something I have ever done. Oh, and the hospital reference is pretty funny because one of the things I tease Davis about when he is doing something dangerous is I say, "You better get down from there, Davis, because I don't have time to go to the hospital today." One day, recently, he had to ask if what I was saying was true or not. "Davis, sweetie, no matter how busy I am, I will always always ALWAYS bring you to the hospital if you get hurt real bad. Don't worry about that a bit.")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh goodness, that is sweet. - Rachel