Friday, November 16, 2007

Kids and Allowances

So now you know the train table story, and you know that it lead me to think more carefully about how and what we were teaching our kids about money. I have sat down several times to write this post and I have to admit that no matter what, it always comes out like an overcooked turkey: painfully dry. No one wants to read a boring post (the least of which is me!), so to save you all from such a lot, here is just my "ah-ha moment," and a couple of links if you are interested in learning more:


The purpose of chores is to teach kids responsibility and contribution to the family.
The purpose of allowance is to teach kids how to handle money.
Working to earn money is another lesson in and of itself.


There are some great resources out there from the Barnabas Foundation, Crown Financial Ministries, and crosswalk.com, and of course Eternal Perspectives Ministries.
Happy linking!

No comments: